Iateapie.net

Quaker Simple Harvest Cinnamon Brown Sugar Granola Bar Review

Reviewed by Tanya Jackson | Feb 11, 2008
Rating:

This review was done by Jill. Jill is a web developer by day and a foodie by night who loves to find and create healthy foods. The nutrition obsession was sparked by a litany of cancer scares in her family and she now strives to do what she can to live a clean, healthy life in hopes of preventing cancer as much as possible. In her spare time she enjoys training for athletic events, cooking, reading and maintaining her blog GlossyVeneer.com.

Quaker Simple Harvest Granola BarQuaker's Simple Harvest line of products focus on having ingredients that are more 'natural'. The really nice thing about this line-up is the fact that you can read the ingredients without feeling like it is a chemistry experiment.

Like the Honey Roasted Nut variety (read the review), the Quaker Simple Harvest Cinnamon Brown Sugar Granola Bar is chewy, but it's a little firmer and drier than the Honey flavor, which seems odd since this one has fruits added. There are dried cranberries and little chunks of apple, but the apple flavor or taste was practically non-existent. I even broke the bar into small pieces to find a chunk that included apple and the flavor still wasn't very pronounced.

This bar also includes the same mix of grains which contributes to a nice texture: oat, wheat, barley and crisp rice. It is sweetened with brown rice syrup, molasses, honey and brown sugar, and is sweeter than the Honey Roasted Nut, but it still isn't overly sweet. And while there are more grams of sugar in this bar than the Honey Nut flavor, it is lower in fat and calories due to the lack of nuts.

One 35 gram Quaker Simple Harvest Cinnamon Brown Sugar Granola Bar provides 140 calories, 3 grams of total fat which is 5% of the recommended daily amount,no saturated fat, low sodium (90 mg sodium which is 4% of the RDA), 2 grams of protein and 28 grams of total carbohydrates which includes 2 grams of fiber (9% of the RDA) and 10 grams of sugar.

This bar has 30 calories less than the Quaker Simple Harvest Honey Roasted Nut Bar, as well as half the amount of fat and sodium, but 3 grams more sugar. The bars can be found on supermarket shelves for about $3.00 for a box of 6, $2.50 if you find them on sale. I didn't like the taste as much as the nut one, but if you are looking for something a little sweeter and lower in fat than the other variety, this bar may be a better option for you from the Simple Harvest line.

Rating
Taste: 4
Nutrition: 5
Price: 5
Overall: 4.5
- Help us spread the word -

Share this on Twitter Share this on StumbleUpon Pin It

Subscribe to Get Reviews by Email

* indicates required
Welcome to the internet home of Tanya Jackson, PhD. Here I review food products marketed as healthy and diet friendly options. I also share my weekly meal plans as I strive to get more creative in the kitchen.

Recent {Reviews}

-: Archives | About :-

Subscribe by RSS   Subscribe by Email Follow on Facebook   Follow on Pinterest  

Meal Plans & Lunch Time

Weekly Meal Plan + A Beautiful Day

Lunch Time - Apple, Berries and Feta Salad + Pasta With Sausage

Lunch Time - Apple, Avocado & Almonds Salad

-: More Meal Plans & Lunch Time :-

Review Categories

Beans & Chili
Boxed Dinner
Bread & Bagels
Breakfast Bowls
Brownies
Burrito
Cake & Pie
Candy & Chocolate
Cereal
Cheese
Chips
Coffee & Tea
Cookie
Crackers & Biscuits
Crisps and Things
Energy Drinks
Fast Food
Faux Meat
Flavored Water
Fro Yo & Sorbet
Frozen Meals
Fruit & Puddn Cups
Fruit Snacks
Gluten Free
Granola
Ice Pops & Bars
IceCream
Jams & Jellies
Juice and Drinks
Kids Foods
Meaty
Milk
Mints & Gum
Muffins
Natural Foods
Nutrition Bars
Nuts & Seeds
Oatmeal & Hot Cereal
Organic
Pancakes & Waffles
Pasta
Pizza
Popcorn
Protein Power
Salsa
Sandwiches
Sauces & Dressings
Seafood
Smoothies & Shakes
Sodas
Soups
Sour Cream
Sports Drinks
Spreads
Supplements
Sweeteners
Syrup
Toaster Pastries
Tofu & Seitan
Vegetable Puree
Vegetarian
Veggie Burgers
Veggies
Wraps
Yogurt
 

Search