Iateapie.net

ExtendBar Peanut Butter Chocolate Delight Bar Review

Reviewed by Tanya Jackson | Mar 24, 2010
Rating:

ExtendBar Peanut Butter Chocolate BarHaving already experienced the delightfully tasty Peanut Delight ExtendBar, it was time to turn my attention to another flavor, ExtendBar Peanut Butter Chocolate Delight. If you're anything like me, this combination of flavors is hard to resist (no wonder it's so popular). ExtendBar snacks are designed to "manage weight by stabilizing blood sugar for 7 to 9 hours"; they're sugar free, high-protein and high-fiber, plus are Gluten-free Kosher and are 2 Weight Watchers Points. Phew - that was a mouthful!

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 40 grams
Calories: 150
Total Fat: 3 grams, 5%
Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams, 2%
Sodium: 200 mg, 8%
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Fiber: 5 grams, 20%
Sugars: 0 grams
Sugar Alcohols: 6 grams
Protein: 12 grams

In terms of taste, this flavor didn't impress me as much as the Peanut Delight ExtendBar. The chocolate was a bit off-tasting (and I prefer dark chocolate), but the peanut butter flavor was strong enough and pleasant. This bar did keep me satisfied for a few hours - no small feat for a 40 gram bar that provides 150 calories. There is also 5% and 2% of the daily value for total and saturated fat, 7% of the DV for sodium, 5 grams of fiber (20% of the DV) and 11 grams of protein plus 6 grams of sugar alcohols (no sugars).

The ingredients are, Soy Protein Isolate, Maltitol Syrup, Uncooked Cornstarch, Chocolate (Unsweetened), Calcium Caseinate [From Milk], Glycerine, Arabinogalactan (fiber), Fructoligosaccharide (fiber), Tapioca Starch, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Soybean Oil, Cocoa, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Soy Lecithin, Sucralose (Splenda).

I ordered a 15-bar box of these on Drugstore.com for $21.99 (on sale from $23.99), and although I probably won't order this flavor again, I will definitely finish the box. Bottom line: I like the Peanut Delight ExtendBar flavor better, but this one was pretty good, too.

Rating
Taste: 3.5
Nutrition: 4.5
Price: 4
Overall: 4
- Help us spread the word -

Share this on Twitter Share this on StumbleUpon Pin It

Subscribe to Get Reviews by Email

* indicates required
Welcome to the internet home of Tanya Taylor, PhD. Here I review food products marketed as healthy and diet friendly options. I also share my weekly meal plans as I strive to get more creative in the kitchen.

Recent {Reviews}

-: Archives | About :-

Subscribe by RSS   Subscribe by Email Follow on Facebook   Follow on Pinterest  

Meal Plans & Lunch Time

Weekly Meal Plan + A Beautiful Day

Lunch Time - Apple, Berries and Feta Salad + Pasta With Sausage

Lunch Time - Apple, Avocado & Almonds Salad

-: More Meal Plans & Lunch Time :-

Review Categories

Beans & Chili
Boxed Dinner
Bread & Bagels
Breakfast Bowls
Brownies
Burrito
Cake & Pie
Candy & Chocolate
Cereal
Cheese
Chips
Coffee & Tea
Cookie
Crackers & Biscuits
Crisps and Things
Energy Drinks
Fast Food
Faux Meat
Flavored Water
Fro Yo & Sorbet
Frozen Meals
Fruit & Puddn Cups
Fruit Snacks
Gluten Free
Granola
Ice Pops & Bars
IceCream
Jams & Jellies
Juice and Drinks
Kids Foods
Meaty
Milk
Mints & Gum
Muffins
Natural Foods
Nutrition Bars
Nuts & Seeds
Oatmeal & Hot Cereal
Organic
Pancakes & Waffles
Pasta
Pizza
Popcorn
Protein Power
Salsa
Sandwiches
Sauces & Dressings
Seafood
Smoothies & Shakes
Sodas
Soups
Sour Cream
Sports Drinks
Spreads
Supplements
Sweeteners
Syrup
Toaster Pastries
Tofu & Seitan
Vegetable Puree
Vegetarian
Veggie Burgers
Veggies
Wraps
Yogurt
 

Search